Have you recently run to the store to pick up something only to find the parking lot full, the lines long and the shelves empty?
The COVID virus has many of us running to stock up on essentials and hunker down for who knows how long. The sense of panic seems to be as contagious as the virus.
The information we receive about the virus seems to change almost by the minute, certainly from day to day. I think many of us are feeling some fear and a basic loss of control.
While the virus is clearly a serious health concern, we do have things we can do to maintain some control over our lives and our health.
Here are some basic steps you can take to stay healthy:
- Eat a diet full of fruits and vegetables. Since many of us are eating at home more, now is a good time to try that new recipe you’ve been wanting to make or cook some soups and casseroles to freeze to make meal planning easier.
- Drink lots of water
- Make sure you sleep. Adults need 7-8 hours per night
- Get outside. Being in the fresh air and around plants and in the sun is not only good for our mental health but also our physical health.
- Don’t panic. Don’t watch too much news. Get your information from the CDC website. The CDC website is factual and can give you up to date information and guidelines.
- Use your time! What a great opportunity to clean a closet, start a project or simply slow down and do nothing.
- Meditate and practice grounding. See my tips below.
We are all in this together. We will get through this. Wishing you and your family peace and health.
Tips for Grounding
The earth carries a lot of positive energy for us to absorb.
- Take your shoes off and walk barefoot in the grass, preferably first thing in the morning.
- Find a bench. Take your shoes off, place your feet on the ground. Lift your face to the sun (eyes closed).
- Breathe. 3 counts in, 6 counts out.
- Inside-press your feet into the floor, hold for 3 seconds and release. Repeat 4 times.