Insomnia stinks. I should know, I am experiencing it right now, as I write this. I am waiting for my Sleepytime tea to seep so
I can drink it, read a boring textbook and hopefully get a few more hours of sleep before the sun peeks out today.
It seems like we are all busy all the time but this time of year is the busiest. In addition to all our regular activities and responsibilities, we have had parties to attend and to host, shopping to do and all the good and bad that comes with spending time with family and friends. Having a long “to do” list keeps our minds going and our bodies up.
Getting enough sleep is key to maintaining a great attitude, enjoying all the festivities and keeping your immune system supported so you don’t end up with a cold or worse as you start the new year.
Here are 5 Little
Tricks for Getting a Good Night Sleep
1. Make sure your bedroom is not too hot and not too cold. It should be just right and a little on the cooler side.
2. Don’t you love those dark out shades in hotels? Create complete darkness in your room at home. Curtains are important and turn off electronics and night lights.
3. Don’t eat anything too heavy 2-3 hours before going to sleep. Stay away from caffeine for 4-6 hours before bedtime. Excess alcohol also interrupts sleep. Go easy on the wine and spirits.
4. Create a bedtime ritual. Take a bath, read in bed, say a prayer.
5. Don’t use your bed as a makeshift office. No laptops, IPOD’s, or cell phones. Beds are for sleeping and being intimate with
I hope this helps you get a good night’s rest so you can start the New Year feeling abundant energy!
To your good health,
Your Healthy Structure